Would you like to shell hunt on one of the world’s nicest beaches? How about a bit of jet skiing or perhaps a dolphin tour? Maybe your wishes are to do a bit of souvenir shopping or savoring some scrumptious seafood. A stay at Silver Sands is the perfect launching point for these plus many more activities.
Silver Sands is located in Treasure Island, Pinellas County; Florida, one of the most popular beach tourism spots on Florida’s central gulf coast. Silver Sands’ guests will only have to stroll 100 meters to have their feet in the warm white sands of Sunshine Beach, where each day brilliant sun, white sandy beaches and glorious sunsets are part of everyday life in Treasure Island. Also, don’t forget our radio flyer wagon rentals if you need “to haul a bunch of stuff” to the each. Our wagons make it easy and convenient to pull the whole family’s kit or a picnic lunch for two to the beach and back.
Silver Sands' location offers easy access via public transportation or by walking to a host of tourist attractions and activities, such as John’s Pass Village, (3 blocks) a quaint collection of shops, restaurants and cruise boats, Dolphin Marine Rentals and Hubbard’s Marina.
As well Silver Sands is just a short drive from St. Petersburg, Tampa, Central Florida’s major theme parks and a host of day trip adventures such as:
- A round of golf at 6 courses within 6 miles
- A family trip to Disney World
- A family trip to Busch Gardens Tampa
- A visit to St. Petersburg College
- A business trip to Tampa Convention Center
- An outing to Speed Boat Adventures
- A kids day at Adventure Island
- A fun learning event at Clearwater water Aquarium
- A test flight of an F-16 or Formula One car at the Tampa Simulation Center
- An animal’s lovers visit to Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
- An extra credit school trip to the Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI)
- Attend a world class event at the Nathan Benderson Park Rowing and Aquatic Sports Center
- Take in a Major League Baseball game at Tropicana Field; home of the RaysSt Petersburg Sunken Gardens; Tropical, century-old attraction featuring thousands of plants, a butterfly aviary & wildlife shows
The choices are yours, the list is near endless. Let Silver Sands help you create your dream getaway at the beach!